Upcoming Events and Trainings
Rockridge Out and About
Sunday, Oct 11, 11am-6:30pm
Take over College Ave for another great street festival in Oakland! We’ll be doing outreach at the BART station. We’ll be talking to people about plans for bike lanes on College Ave, the timeline for Telegraph Ave’s protected bikeway, the Berkeley Bike Plan and more.
Sunday Streets Berkeley
Sunday Oct. 18, 11am-4pm
Sunday Streets Berkeley returns for its 4th year for a car-free day on Berkeley’s Shattuck Avenue. Bike East Bay volunteers needed to set up a protected bike lane at Hearst x Shattuck as part of continuing outreach for the Berkeley Bike Plan update.
Outreach on the Richmond Bay Trail
October 7, 15 and 25
We’re going to be out and about on Bay Trail sections in Richmond to talk to trail users. We will need some help staffing a table, talking to people about plans for the Richmond Bay Bridge connection, signing up members, distributing Clif bars and encouraging courteous trail use.
Thursday, November 12 at Oakland’s Impact Hub
Volunteer at Bike East Bay’s annual member party! You’ll receive free admission and a drink at the end of your shift. Must be a current Bike East Bay member to volunteer.
Fresh hot volunteer and internship opportunities delivered to your email inbox every other week.
Seeking Volunteer Interns
Build job skills and get great references. Bike East Bay seeks volunteerinterns who can commit 5-10 hours per week for a minimum of 3-months. A volunteer internship at Bike East Bay will help you gain:
- experience within the growing urban-biking movement
- crucial job skills in a changing job market
- great references from a respected Bay Area non-profit.
Perfect for students, recent graduates and those returning to the job market!
Ongoing Volunteer Teams
- Party Team - It’s a proven fact: People who ride bikes throw better parties. Bike East Bay’s events like PedalFest, Wonderland, and Bike Happy Hour are more than great ways to bring the community of bicyclists together. They’re also how we raise funds to support our advocacy efforts year-round. If selling raffle tickets or pouring beer at an awesome party sounds fun to you, you belong on the Party Team.
- Poster and Flyer Team - Spread the word about Bike East Bay events! Help to grow the bicycling community and encourage new bicyclists by distributing colorful posters to local businesses. Ride your bike to one of the East Bay’s major commercial corridors, put up a handful of posters, and enjoy a complimentary beer at Bike Happy Hour!
- Bike East Bay Headquarters Team - Our headquarters team keeps the heart of local bike advocacy running at our Oakland office. You can help with graphic design, data entry, membership mailings, and many other vital tasks. Gain new skills while helping to further the cause of bike advocacy in the East Bay!
- Valet Bike Parking Team - Our valet bike parking team works out in the sunshine at festivals and concerts around the East Bay. You’ll meet hundreds of wonderful East Bay bicyclists, take care of their beloved bikes, and make it possible for them to ride to great local events. If you want to park awesome bikes, work with a great team of people, and attend fun events for free, sign up for the valet bike parking team!
- Bike Education Team - Education team volunteers can either assist at the Bike East Bay office, at our free bike ed classes, or at BART stations as part of our theft prevention program. This team covers every part of the East Bay, and is critical to helping people take more trips by bike while also strengthening advocacy efforts in their own communities.