Upcoming Events and Trainings
Oakland Gran Fondo
Help us put on the inaugural Oakland Gran Fondo! We’ll need dozens of volunteers to help our 1,500 ride participants have the best possible experience at the largest West Coast urban fondo. Click here to sign up!
Bike the Vote on Measure X
Measure X will bring bike friendly streets to Contra Costa County! Sign up for phone banking and precinct walks at Bike East Bay’s Richmond Field Office.
Bike the Vote on Measure KK
Election day is less than a month away and vote by mail ballots start arriving this week. Help spread the word about how important Measure KK is for Oakland. Sign up here.
Thursday, November 10 in Downtown Oakland
Biketopia is Bike East Bay’s annual member party! Volunteers get free admission to Biketopia and a beer at the end of their shifts. Click here to sign up!
Biketopia Poster Distribution
Today through October 30, All over the East Bay
Help Bike East Bay get the word out! This task will take about 2-3 hours of your time biking or walking around your neighborhood to put up posters and to document these locations for future events. Sign up here.
This fun and interactive training gives you in-depth knowledge about Bike East Bay and prepares you to help with outreach and signing up new members at events. Must be a current member to attend. Check back in 2017to sign up for an upcoming training!
Seeking Office Volunteers
A great way of completing your 10 volunteer hours for a free Bike East Bay membership!
Fresh hot volunteer and internship opportunities delivered to your email inbox every other week.
Seeking Volunteer Interns
Build job skills and get great references. Bike East Bay seeks volunteerinterns who can commit 5-10 hours per week for a minimum of 3-months. A volunteer internship at Bike East Bay will help you gain:
- experience within the growing urban-biking movement
- crucial job skills in a changing job market
- great references from a respected Bay Area non-profit.
Perfect for students, recent graduates and those returning to the job market!
Ongoing Volunteer Teams
- Party Team - It’s a proven fact: People who ride bikes throw better parties. Bike East Bay’s events like PedalFest, Wonderland, and Bike Happy Hour are more than great ways to bring the community of bicyclists together. They’re also how we raise funds to support our advocacy efforts year-round. If selling raffle tickets or pouring beer at an awesome party sounds fun to you, you belong on the Party Team.
- Poster and Flyer Team - Spread the word about Bike East Bay events! Help to grow the bicycling community and encourage new bicyclists by distributing colorful posters to local businesses. Ride your bike to one of the East Bay’s major commercial corridors, put up a handful of posters, and enjoy a complimentary beer at Bike Happy Hour!
- Bike East Bay Headquarters Team - Our headquarters team keeps the heart of local bike advocacy running at our Oakland office. You can help with graphic design, data entry, membership mailings, and many other vital tasks. Gain new skills while helping to further the cause of bike advocacy in the East Bay!
- Valet Bike Parking Team - Our valet bike parking team works out in the sunshine at festivals and concerts around the East Bay. You’ll meet hundreds of wonderful East Bay bicyclists, take care of their beloved bikes, and make it possible for them to ride to great local events. If you want to park awesome bikes, work with a great team of people, and attend fun events for free, sign up for the valet bike parking team!
- Bike Education Team - Education team volunteers can either assist at the Bike East Bay office or at our free bike ed classes. This team covers every part of the East Bay, and is critical to helping people take more trips by bike while also strengthening advocacy efforts in their own communities.