Oakland’s city council meets on Tuesday July 6 at 1:30PM to discuss potential changes to Telegraph Avenue (full agenda available here). Make your voice heard! Find all the details on how to make a public comment at this meeting below. Can’t make the meeting? Write to your council member today.
Call in/join via Zoom at 1:30PM: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87618102256
- Join by phone: 1-669-900-6833 Meeting ID: 876 1810 2256
- If asked for a participant ID or code, press #.
Click “Raise hand” right away on Zoom, or *9 by phone
- Council accepts all public comment at the start of the meeting, and takes comments as a queue based on who has their hand raised. This means if you leave the Zoom you will lose your place in line and will not be able to comment.
- To comment by phone: “Raise Your Hand” by pressing “*9” to speak when Public Comment is taken. You will be permitted to speak during your turn, allowed to comment, and after the allotted time, re-muted. Please unmute yourself by pressing *6.
- Detailed instructions on how to raise hand via Zoom available here.
What to say:
- You’ll have two minutes to speak.
- Introduce yourself, and describe your relationship to Telegraph Avenue. (ex. I shop, live, or commute on this street)
- Personalize why you feel protected bike lanes are the safest option.
- Tell your councilmember about issues you’ve experienced with paint-only bike lanes. (ex. double-parking)
Because all public comment takes place at the start of the meeting, please stay on Zoom and remain patient. Thank you for making your voice heard as part of this crucial project!