Join the Bike East Bay team this spring
Apply by February 15 to start ASAP
The Membership Assistant is responsible for keeping accurate records of membership payments and donations in Bike East Bay’s member database and preparing membership packets and thank you letters for new and renewing members. The Membership Assistant will be trained and supervised by Membership Manager Rachel Jacobson. This role is part-time: 15 hours per week, flexible hours, from February to May 31, 2017. Compensation is $20/hr.
- Processing membership payments and donations
- Entering membership data and ensuring excellent data quality in Bike East Bay’s constituent relationship management (CRM) database, including identifying and expunging duplicates.
- Exporting membership reports from the database.
- Preparing all materials for membership mailings — mailing labels, membership cards and thank you letters — using spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel and mail merge in Microsoft Word.
- Prepping membership packets so that volunteers can easily stuff and mail membership materials.
- Sending follow-up thank you letters in Mailchimp.
Other duties (as time allows):
- Event attendance data entry and sending follow-up communications
- Small event promotion tasks (social media posts and pre-event reminders)
- Assist with recruitment, scheduling, and facilitation of event planning meetings
- You’re obsessively detail-oriented and a maniac about keeping things organized.
- You love making things more efficient for yourself and others.
- You are willing to sit (or stand) at a desk for computer work for up to 8 hours per day – and you consciously take the breaks you need as well.
- You have previous experience in data entry and you’re really good at it.
- You’ve used Microsoft Excel and Word in an administrative or academic setting.
- Sorting, formulas, conditional formatting, mail merge. You know what most of these words mean and where to find these functionalities in Word and Excel.
- You’re a fast learner!
- You’ve done all this before. You were an administrative or development assistant, database manager, or totally rocked your company or non-profit’s CRM system.
- You bike everywhere and/or you love Bike East Bay’s work. You have a strong commitment to the Bike East Bay mission.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and letter of interest to Membership Manager Rachel Jacobson ([email protected]) by February 15 for a start date as soon as possible.
About Bike East Bay
Bike East Bay (formerly the East Bay Bicycle Coalition) is a 501c3 non-profit organization that promotes healthy, sustainable communities by making bicycling safe, fun and accessible in Alameda and Contra Costa County. Our 4,000+ member supported, grassroots advocacy has won important local campaigns like a protected bike lanes on Oakland’s Telegraph Avenue, as well as regional campaigns to bring bicycling access on BART and the Bay Bridge and significantly increased funding for bicycle and pedestrian improvements through Measure B and BB.
Bike East Bay is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex or age.