Bicycle-Friendly Berkeley Coalition (BFBC)
BFBC is the Bicycle-Friendly Berkeley Coalition. Our mission is to make Berkeley a more bicycle-friendly city. We want to help make bicycling so safe, convenient, and pleasant that it becomes a preferred way of getting around town.
BFBC´s Long-Term Goals
- Implement the Berkeley Bicycle Plan, particularly the Bicycle Boulevard Network.
- More and better public bicycle parking
- Bicycle awareness events and celebrations.
Ongoing bicycle safety education.
Support our Local Berkeley Businesses
Here’s One You’ll Love: Bobby G’s Pizzeria, 2072 University Ave.—Open every day, 11-11. The picture says it all!
What You Can Do
- Find out more about us.
- Find out about local events (page last updated 2009-03-15).
- Contact us, via phone or e-mail (see below).
- Join us as a member.
- Join our on-line mailing lists.
- Volunteer to help.
- Report road problems or bicycle hazards (last updated 2007-03-27).
- Read our recent positions and statements on bicycle issues (last updated 2007-03-27). Write a supporting letter of your own!
- E-mail: pmarmite (at) gmail (dot) com
- Phone: 510-962-4537 (96 BIKEr).
- US mail: PO Box 13357, Berkeley CA 94712-4357.
- Web site: www.bfbc.org.
- Bikestation office: Downtown Berkeley BART Station, concourse level, south end.
- Bikestation phone: 510-548-RIDE (548-7433).
- BCAT office: 1336 Channing Way, Suite C, at Valley St. (by appointment only).
What Else is on Our Web Site?
- Material on selected bicycle issues and campaigns (last updated 2008-12-09).
- Newsletters, both current and archived (last updated 2008-04-21). See what’s been happening.
- Recent meeting minutes of the City’s Bicycle Subcommitee (last updated 2009-02-16).
- Resources: pointers to all sorts of bike information (last updated 2007-06-15).
- Our old web site has Berkeley maps and a photo-history of the I-80 bike-ped bridge.