Bike East Bay is hiring Bike Valet Supervisors to provide attended bike parking at events throughout the summer and fall. We provide this service for free to cyclists in order to encourage to bicycling to public events. Bike Valet is an important part of Bike East Bay’s work as it is a way for us to outreach and talk to the public about what we do! Go to application –>
This is a temporary contract position with a rate of $15/hr. This is an event-based, seasonal position (most events are on the weekends, April – November). We would like you to work 1-3 events a month or more on average.
Your work responsibilities include, and are not limited to:
- Transport all valet equipment to and from bike parking events.
- Manage, secure and prepare transportation to events.
- Set up and break down valet area at events.
- Securely check in, tag/identify and store bikes.
- Manage and train volunteers at events.
- Communicate with event coordinators.
- Relay feedback from events to coordinator.
- Represent Bike East Bay and distribute outreach materials at events.
- Handle donations and membership sign-up transactions.
- Unpack and store all valet equipment in an organized manner.
In this position, you will be supervised by Bike East Bay’s Bike Valet Coordinator, and you can expect to work alongside the staff, interns and volunteers of Bike East Bay.
This would be a great position for someone who is friendly, energetic, and loves seeing more people riding their bikes to fun events like concerts, farmer’s markets, and community events.
Sounds good? Apply here! Contact Valet@BikeEastBay.org with any questions.