Photo credit: Sergio Ruiz
A bicycle and pedestrian path on the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge has been in the works for decades. Throughout this project, Bike East Bay pushed for more: we won an additional $500,000 for bike lane and trail improvements, plus better ferry service and bike lane connections to connect Richmond neighborhoods to the bridge, the waterfront, ferry service, and each other. The bridge path officially opened on November 16!
Want to learn more about this project, get information on celebrations, or plot your adventures across the bridge? You’ve come to the right place!
Plan your route and adventures on the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge below!
- Map to the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge path
- A New Way to the North Bay: Four different adventures to try across the bridge
- Send us your stories: have epic adventures planned? We want to hear about it!
- Letter from our Executive Director: Why this is about more than just a bridge
- Decades in the making: How Bike East Bay is raising the bar on the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge
- Quick-build connections: Bike East Bay’s work to make sure neighborhoods can access the new path, and each other
- Hear it first: Sign up for the latest updates on rides, celebrations and more
Share With Us!:
- We want to hear how you’ll use the bridge. Send us your stories!
- Tag us on your rides: @BikeEastBay (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
Bike East Bay champions a more connected, accessible Bay Area. Want to support other visionary projects like the bike path on the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge? Become a member or donate today.