Photo credit: Sergio Ruiz
A bicycle and pedestrian path on the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge has been in the works for decades. Throughout this project, Bike East Bay pushed for more: we won an additional $500,000 for bike lane and trail improvements, plus better ferry service and bike lane connections to connect Richmond neighborhoods to the bridge, the waterfront, ferry service, and each other.
After years of relentless advocacy, we are ready to celebrate the path opening: on November 16, 2019!
Want to learn more about this project, get information on celebrations, or plot your adventures across the bridge? You’ve come to the right place!
Riding is better with friends, and we’re planning on showing up with all our bike besties on November 16. Plan your route and adventures below!
- Map to the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge path
- A New Way to the North Bay: Four different adventures to try across the bridge
- Ride with Bike East Bay to the Grand Opening: starts at Richmond BART, 9:00 AM on November 16
- Check out the full list of group rides taking place on opening weekend. Are you leading a ride? Let us know!
- Letter from our Executive Director: Why this is about more than just a bridge
- Decades in the making: How Bike East Bay is raising the bar on the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge
- Quick-build connections: Bike East Bay’s work to make sure neighborhoods can access the new path, and each other
- Hear it first: Sign up for the latest updates on rides, celebrations and more
Share With Us!:
- We want to hear how you’ll use the bridge. Send us your stories!
- Tag us on your rides: @BikeEastBay (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
Bike East Bay champions a more connected, accessible Bay Area. Want to support other visionary projects like the bike path on the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge? Become a member or donate today.