East Bay Bicycle Coalition
Assistant Education Coordinator
Posted: November 1, 2009
The East Bay Bicycle Coalition is seeking a motivated and energized person for a part-time staff position of Assistant Education Coordinator. This is part of EBBC’s bicycle safety education program, which provides bicycle safety instruction from beginner how-to-ride classes, to kids and parents riding together, up to adult bicycling classes that teach how to safely share the road. Interested applicants should submit resume and letter of interest to Dave Campbell as soon as possible via email to [email protected]
The Assistant Education Coordinator will coordinate and promote a variety of bicycle safety classes and events that the East Bay Bicycle Coalition offers year-round. These classes and events include Traffic Skills 101 classes, How-to-Ride-A-Bike classes, Family Cycling Clinics and Kids Bike Rodeos. Specifically, the position will be responsible for scheduling classes, securing facilities, working with EBBC’s cadre of certified bicycle safety instructors, marketing and promoting the classes and events, facilitating logistics and attending classes and events, and coordinating registration and reporting/evaluation for the education program. The Coordinator will work closely with the EBBC Program Director and Outreach Coordinator in connection with these responsibilities and in connection with raising additional funding to expand the program.
Applicants should have strong organizational skills and enjoy working in non-profit environment. Living and having worked in the East Bay is a real plus.
- two years experience (or equivalent) in non-profit organizations
- at least one year of experience in education and/or safety programs
- familiarity with the East Bay, it’s cities and public agencies
- experience managing volunteers and contractors
- event planning experience
- familiarity with our partner organizations, such as Transform and Cycles of Change
- computer skills including database, word processing, and graphics
- online outreach skills including website, html, email, and social networking
- good communication skills
- highly self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- a commitment to EBBC’s mission to promote bicycling as an everyday means of transportation
- spanish or chinese language skills are a plus
- women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply
The hours for this Coordinator position are approximately 15 hours/week and we having funding for this position thru June 2011. Position will require some work on weeknights and weekends, as many activities occur after work on weekdays and on weekends. Work will include time in the EBBC office at Fruitvale Village and out of office as needed. There will be opportunities to work from home.
Interested applicants should submit resume and letter of interest to Dave Campbell as soon as possible via email to [email protected]