What will it take to bring the East Bay to the next level for safe and fun biking? We are initiating innovative projects for East Bay towns and cities.
EBBC painted this bike lane in 2012, the City of Berkeley will make it permanent in 2015
What will it take to bring the East Bay to the next level for safe and fun biking? We are initiating innovative projects for East Bay towns and cities to invite people of all ages and from all backgrounds to bike every day.
It’s an exciting and busy time to be a bicycle activist in the East Bay. Our efforts have made it safer and easier for bikers of all stripes. Green bike lanes were completed in the cities of Oakland, Hayward, Dublin, and Pleasanton.
By the end of 2013, buffered bike lanes will be striped on streets in Berkeley, Oakland and Pleasanton. And many roads used by commuters and recreational riders alike, including the Oakland section of Grizzly Peak Rd., have been repaved, thankfully losing their dangerous potholes.
Please make a contribution to the East Bay Bicycle Coalition’s special campaign to bring innovative bikeways to where you live, work, and play.
Your support today will pave the way for projects we’re hard at work on, such as:
- Green-painted bike lanes and bike boxes on Shattuck and Hearst in Berkeley.
- Bringing Bay Area Bike Share to the East Bay.
- Increasing secure bike parking at BART Stations and throughout our East Bay cities
- The first section of the East Bay Greenway, a protected and beautifully landscaped bikeway to stretch from East Oakland to Fremont.
- Buffered green bike lanes on San Pablo Ave. in El Cerrito, Richmond and San Pablo.
- A two-way cycle track protecting riders on Shellmound in Emeryville.
- Green-painted bike lanes in Fremont for 12 intersections near freeway entrances.
- Buffered bike lanes in key corridors in Dublin and Oakland.
Across the country and certainly here in the East Bay, more people understand the critical benefits of biking, from easing traffic congestion and pollution, to making people healthier. You, along with 4,500 other East Bay Bicycle Coalition members are improving biking conditions not just for yourselves, but for people getting on their bikes for the first time, and for future generations.
We need to raise $25,000 to support our team of staff and volunteer advocates to work diligently to make your city and other nearby cities and towns more bike friendly.
Your donation today – $25, $50, $100 or $500 – will be an investment that pays off many times over for better biking in the East Bay.
Together, we can make this vision a reality.
East Bay Bicycle Coalition
P.S. Your donation is tax-deductible, and will give us the support we need to paint the east bay green for bikes.