September 15, 2009 - 7:30pm to 9:00pm
Our monthly EBBC General meeting will be held at Rockridge Library, 5366 College Avenue,* on Tuesday, Sept 15 (3rd Tues).
The meeting begins promptly at 7:30pm.
- Climate Action funding for SR2S & SR2T at risk - A
- Whole Foods proposal on San Pablo in Albany places Buchannan Bikeway at risk - A
- Bike Safety Classes and marketing (you can help) - R
- CoCo Countywide Bicycle Pedestrian Plan - R
- New Bicycle Planning efforts in Alameda County, San Leandro, Pleasant Hill, and Richmond
- Miller-Sweeney Bridge, AKA Fruitvale Bridge (Sept 17 meeting) - R
- Holiday Party - R
At 8:30pm our guest speakers will lead an examination of the “Geospatial Revolution and Bicycling.” Our plans include how we can create a digital map-based discussion of various bikeways, document and report hazards to bicyclists, create layers depicting injury crashes involving bicyclists, generate local area maps for our Safe Routes to Schools programs, and siphon off online searches to suggest commuter and recreational bicycle routes. MTC’s BikeMapper has yet to appeal to the masses (or even cartographic geeks) and this meeting is an opportunity to brainstorm ways to create truly interactive bicycle mapping that relies on your input and benefits everybody. Of course, EBBC is looking for potential revenue sources that will enable us to fund an ongoing digital map program (we have spent about $100,000 to publish our two maps over the past several years).
By Bus: AC Transit 51, 605 and 851 bus lines stop directly in front of the library.
By BART: Rockridge BART Station. Ride or walk 5 blocks south on College Avenue.