Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Thursday, May 12, 2011, 5:30-8:30pm
Old Oakland, Washington & 9th
Join the East Bay Bicycle Coalition, Walk Oakland Bike Oakland and hundreds of cyclists in wrapping up the excitement of Bike to Work Day with our biggest, most extravagant ever Bike Away from Work Party and celebration. The Bay Area’s biggest Bike to Work Day party culminates weeks of great bike events and preparations for the largest bike event in the Bay Area.
This year’s gala event features:
- The Muddy Roses Band
- the Big Tadoo Puppet Crew’s bike safety puppet show returns
- the fabulous Derailleurs fire show
- Cyclecide Heavy Pedal Bike Rides
- Bike Commuter of the Year and Bike-Friendly Business Awards
- music, raffle prizes, drinks from Trumer Pils Brewery in Berkeley and Clif Winery as well as Hansen’s sodas
- Food vendors include: Popcycle, El Taco Bike tacos and tortas, Rotto’s Market & Deli sandwiches, La Boriqueña with nachos, agua frescas and tamales
- all sponsored by the Downtown Oakland Association.