Join our tour for two-wheeled foodies! This flat 4 mile tour will be along bike lanes as much as possible and include parts of Aquatic Park. Meet local culinary artisans, learn their specialties and taste their creations. Locavore Karen Hester, who appreciates food and biking in equal measure, is your guide. Limited to 15 participants.
- 11:15 Meet at Charles Chocolates for 11:30 tour, Emeryville
- 12:15 Bike to Vik's Chaat Corner in Berkeley for tasty Indian cuisine
- 1:30 Sample organic jams, ketchup and fruit pastes at June Taylor Jams
- 2:15 Visit nearby Takara Sake, the West Coast's most famous sake producer
- 3:30 End the day at the award winning Two Mile Wines in South Berkeley where the fall harvest will be underway.
Eat Real Bike Tour $50 early registration includes tastings and lunch at Vik's Chaat Corner
$10 discount for members of Walk Oakland/Bike Oakland or East Bay Bicycle Coalition or Bicycle-Friendly Berkeley Coalition or if you register two or more folks at once.
Register at www.hesternet.net/events