April 2, 2019
Ready to test out a new route, try bike camping, or learn some maintenance skills? Our Women Bike program has you covered this spring!
Events warmly welcome women, trans and femme folks and all levels of riders. Check out the offerings & sign up today!
I Can Handle That
Hands-on intro-level bike mechanics workshops for femmes, women, and gender variant folx. Co-hosted with Hard Knox Bikes at Spokeland. Registration required.
- April 20, 1:00pm-4:00pm: Bike Cleaning
- May 22, 6:00pm-8:00pm: Fix a Flat
- June 5, 6:00pm-8:00pm: Pre-Ride Check
RiDE LiKE a GiRL
Ever wanted to try bike camping, learn some commuting basics or go for a special Mother’s Day ride? All levels welcome! Co-hosted with Walk Oakland Bike Oakland.
- April 14, 10:00am-1:00pm: Commuting Basics at Bike East Bay, 466 Water St., Oakland
- May 12 (Mother’s Day), times vary: Cyclofemme ride & picnic brunch
- June 22-23, time varies: Bike Camping at Coyote Hills Regional Park, Fremont
Walk Oakland Bike Oakland, Oakland Public Library, Bike East Bay and friends are organizing rides celebrating women on May 12 (Mother’s Day). Save the date and start planning what you’re bringing for the brunch picnic.
Women Bike Book Club
Everyone is invited to discuss biking, feminism, and the intersection of the two. Co-hosted with the Oakland Public Library. First Thursdays, 6:00pm-7:30pm. Location varies.
- April 4, 6:00pm-7:30pm: Book Club at Golden Gate Branch Library
- May 2, 7:00pm-8:00pm: Screening California Golde at Luckyduck Bike Shop
- June 6, 6:00pm-7:30pm: Book club at Golden Gate Branch Library, Oakland
Women Bike Happy Hour
Spend some quality, off-the-bike time with other women who bike over a cool drink. Co-hosted with Walk Oakland Bike Oakland. Fourth Thursdays, 5:30pm-7:30pm. Location varies.
- April 25,5:30pm-7:30pm: Federation Brewing, 420 3rd St., Oakland
- May 23, 5:30pm-7:30pm: Mad Oak, 135 12th St., Oakland
- June 27, 5:30-7:30pm: The Trappist, 460 8th St., Oakland
Register today and subscribe to the Women Bike news for more updates. We can’t wait to see you this spring!