Bike East Bay is seeking a Valet Coordinator to oversee its Bike Valet Program. The Valet Program is a core component of Bike East Bay’s work, and the Valet Coordinator will manage bike valet supervisors, contract and schedule events, and complete various administrative duties. Good candidates are organized, enjoy engaging with the public, and are skilled at managing groups.The Valet Coordinator position will support the Outreach and Engagement programs of Bike East Bay, and will check in weekly with the Outreach Coordinator.
This position is broken out into two different parts: Coordination and Non-Coordination. Specific duties include:
Part 1: Bike Valet Coordination Services:
Manage Bike Valet Supervisors
- Recruit and providing training to valet supervisors.
- Manage all scheduling, communications, and invoicing to valet supervisors.
- Handle conflict and troubleshooting related to events management as needed.
- Invite valet supervisors to Bike East Bay volunteer and staff thank you parties.
Contract and Schedule Bike Valet Events
- Promptly and efficiently handle bike valet requests, prioritizing availability, staff goals, and supervisor capacity.
- Coordinate event logistics from start to finish, including contracts for services, bike valet location, volunteer needs, set-up, breakdown, post-event report and invoicing.
- Maintain consistent and professional communication.
- Maintain bike valet supplies and inventory. Repair and replace equipment promptly as needed.
- Meet regularly with Bike East Bay’s Outreach Coordinator to communicate and provide feedback on upcoming events and valet program needs.
- Provide regular program reports.
- Grow the program in program evaluation, event frequency, and number of supervisors.
- Survey existing bike valet program, identify areas of strength and areas that need improvement, and set program goals.
- Update pricing scheme to ensure a sustainable valet program budget; Cultivate sponsorships for bike valet program.
- Collaborate with Bike East Bay staff to integrate bike valet program with membership, advocacy, and education goals.
Part 2: Non-Coordination Bike Valet Services
- Transport all valet equipment to and from bike parking events.
- Manage, secure, and prepare transportation to events.
- Set up and break down valet area at events.
- Securely check in, tag/identify and store bikes.
- Manage and train volunteers at events.
- Represent Bike East Bay and distribute outreach materials at events.
- Handle donations and membership sign-up transactions.
- Unpack and store all valet equipment in an organized manner.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to lead and work in a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines and arrive on time for meetings.
- Experience managing groups in a festival environment.
- Excellent internal and external communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Google Docs, Sheets.
- Knowledge of bike valet best practices.
- Ability to lift and move items up to 30 pounds.
Compensation and Benefits
$19.00 an hour for Part 1 tasks and $15 an hour for Part 2 tasks. This is a part-time contracted position. Expected time commitment is 15-25 hours a week.
Application Process: Please submit a brief cover letter and resume to Outreach Coordinator Chris Corral at Volunteer@BikeEastBay.org. Include “Valet Coordinator” and your last name in the subject. Position open until filled.
About Bike East Bay
Bike East Bay (formerly the East Bay Bicycle Coalition) was established in 1972 to promote bicycling for transportation in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. Our 4,000-member organization now includes local working groups throughout the East Bay. In addition to advocating for safer streets, dedicated bike lanes and bikeable cities, Bike East Bay coordinates Bike to Work Day in the East Bay and provides free bicycle education classes that teach over 5,000 people every year.