The San Francisco County Transportation Authority, in collaboration with the Treasure Island Development Authority, invites you to attend the Southgate Road Realignment Ribbon Cutting Ceremony.
This project includes the long-awaited weekday re-connection between the Bay Bridge East Span pathway to Yerba Buena Island and Treasure Island via Macalla Road. The connection from Treasure Island to San Francisco can be completed via existing ferry service, or via the Muni Line 25 bus, both of which have limited bicycle carrying capacity.
***Please note: The connection to Treasure Island along Macalla Road has protected bikeway access in the uphill direction, but currently only shared bike/car lanes downhill. This segment is short but very steep, so it is not recommended to anyone who is not comfortable and experienced handling fast downhill biking and uphill climbing. A free weekend bike shuttle will be provided up and down the hill in the near future, but is not currently available.***
- When: Saturday, May 6, 11 AM
- Where: Bay Bridge East Span trail lookout on Yerba Buena Island
- 10:30 AM: Guests arrive at Treasure Island Administration Building, 1 Avenue of the Palms, Treasure Island. Shuttles take guests to ribbon cutting event adjacent to Southgate Road on Yerba Buena Island. Bike riders may also access the ribbon cutting site from the East Bay across the Bay Bridge East Span pathway to the Vista Point on the west end (suggested bike route from MacArthur BART here)
- 11 AM: Ribbon cutting event adjacent to Southgate Road Realignment Project. Refreshments provided.
- Noon: Event ends. Shuttles return guests to Treasure Island Administration Building.
Learn more about the Southgate Road Realignment ProjectBay Bridge campaign info here