Oakland’s Bicyclist & Pedestrian Advisory Commission (BPAC) was established to advise the City Council on programs and projects related to walking and bicycling.
On the agenda:
- Open Forum / Public Comment Attachment (10 minutes)—Members of the public may raise or comment on an issue within BPAC’s subject matter jurisdiction (other than what is on the agenda). For a list of previously discussed items and their status, go to http://tinyurl.com/Oakland-BPAC-OpenForumTracking, and the attachment.
- Park Blvd Corridor Traffic Safety Outreach Project (20 minutes)—Wladimir Wlassowsky, Transportation Services Manager, will update the BPAC on a project launched to obtain community feedback on traffic safety improvements along the Park Blvd Corridor (E 18th St to Mountain Blvd).
- San Leandro Creek Trail Study (25 minutes)—Barry Bergman, Rails to Trails Conservancy, will update the BPAC on the study of a potential trail along San Leandro Creek in East Oakland and San Leandro.
- Caltrans District 4 Bicycle Plan (25 minutes)—Sergio Ruiz, Pedestrian & Bicycle Coordinator for Caltrans District 4 will present the Caltrans District 4 Bicycle Plan, which will identify and prioritize bicycle safety and mobility needs and projects on and across the State transportation network in District 4. The presentation will include an overview of the District’s plan, schedule, public outreach efforts, and opportunities for stakeholder input.
- Commissioner Application Review Committee Report Back (15 minutes)—The committee established to review commissioner applications will report back to the BPAC. The BPAC will decide if and how to convey recommendations to the Mayor’s Office.
- Bicycle Master Plan Request for Proposals Update (5 minutes)—Iris Starr will update the BPAC on the status of hiring a consultant to help update Oakland’s Bicycle Master Plan.
Open to the public. To receive notice of meeting agendas, subscribe to get updates via GovDelivery.