Oakland’s Bicyclist & Pedestrian Advisory Commission (BPAC) was established to advise the City Council on programs and projects related to walking and bicycling.
On the agenda:
- Alameda CTC Comprehensive Investment Plan Submissions (45 minutes)—Bruce Williams will review the Alameda CTC Comprehensive Investment Plan and Oakland’s proposed submissions. This plan will program funds from Measure B/BB as well as One Bay Area grant funds totaling $160 million countywide. Oakland plans to propose 25 projects for short term investment in Oakland transportation facilities, and most of these projects include bike/ped components. These specific projects include the East Oakland Community Streets Plan, the E. 12th Street Bikeway, the Grand Avenue Mobility Plan and Lakeside Family Streets Project.
- Big Jump Grant Application (15 Minutes)—Bike Share Coordinator Carlos Hernandez will present the Big Jump grant application, a 3-year grant by People for Bikes with the aim of increasing bicyclists in a specific area of the City through community partnerships and engagement.
- OakMob 101- Shared Mobility Engagement Attachment (10 Minutes)—Bike Share Coordinator Carlos Hernandez will present OakMob 101, a shared mobility engagement campaign in partnership with TransForm with a focus on East and West Oakland.
- Introduction to OakDOT Strategic Plan (20 minutes)—Sarah Fine, Senior Transportation Planner, will present an overview of the recently released Oakland Department of Transportation Strategic Plan. The Plan articulates a mission and set of goals for the new department, with achievable 1- and 3-year benchmarks. The plan is available for download here: http://www2.oaklandnet.com/oakca1/groups/pwa/documents/report/oak060949.pdf.
- Paving Committee Report Back Attachment (10 minutes)—Based on feedback, the paving committee will present a draft letter to the Oakland DOT for BPAC review.
Open to the public. To receive notice of meeting agendas, subscribe to get updates via GovDelivery.