Oakland’s Bicyclist & Pedestrian Advisory Commission (BPAC) was established to advise the City Council on programs and projects related to walking and bicycling.
On the agenda:
- Major Development Projects Biannual Update (20 minutes) —Catherine Payne with Oakland’s Planning Department will present a list of major development projects for BPAC’s review
- Active Transportation Program Application – Final Review (15 minutes)—Oakland is preparing for Cycle 4 of the California Active Transportation Program (ATP) Grants. These grants are for bicycle and pedestrian projects, with full grant applications due July 31st. Bruce Williams, Senior Transportation Planner, will present the final project list and solicit input from the Commission.
- CityRacks Bicycle Parking Program Update (20 minutes)—Bicycle & Pedestrian Facilities Coordinator, Jennifer Stanley, will describe the history, successes, challenges, and current efforts underway to install and document bicycle parking in the public right of way (now 9,955 spaces and counting!) through Oakland’s “CityRacks Program.” See program information at https://www.oaklandca.gov/services/dot/bicycle-services/bicycle-parking.
- BPAC Commissioner Recruitment and Outreach (15 minutes)—The chair will work with the Commission to ask for volunteers to serve on the nominating committee for the current special vacancy and upcoming vacancies at the end of 2018.
- Committees and Bylaws Review (20 minutes)—The Chair will ask for updates from committee members and volunteers to fill committee vacancies. The Commission will consider modifications to the committees section of the bylaws.
Open to the public. To receive notice of meeting agendas, subscribe to get updates via GovDelivery.