Join the Gals for an easy going “out and back” ride along the shoreline Bay Trail to the Rosie the Riveter Museum. We’ll spend a little time on Berkeley streets to reach the bike bridge over to the Bay Trail and then stay on the paved mulit-use path to the Rosie the Riveter Museum. We’ll stop at the museum for coffee/snacks and to take a look in the museum if desired (highly recommended!) before heading back. There is one hill and we’ll go through the parking lot at the racetrack which has a cruddy surface but they are both short. There’s no harm in walking your bike up the hill or on that rough patch.
Level: A (<15 miles, mostly flat)
Start/End: North Berkeley BART
Distance: About 15 miles
Start time: Please arrive around 10:00 AM. We will push off at 10:15.
FYI: BART trains are scheduled to arrive at 10:05 from all directions.
• We ride at a relaxed pace and won’t leave anyone behind.
• RSVP required. Helmet and basic riding skills required.
• We urge Gals to carry personal identification and emergency contact information.
• We’ll ride on the road with and without a bike lane, and multiuse paths.
• Rain cancels. Will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
• Bring your questions – Anything you want to know about biking? No question is too basic – probably other Gals will have the same question!
We are grateful for all the good work of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition and Bike East Bay to improve road conditions for riding a bicycle on our streets. We encourage you to check out their work and join. You can join at a ride for a reduced rate of $25 for each one-year membership.RSVP