The City of Alameda invites you to participate in a community workshop or survey to review preliminary recommendations for addressing safety and speeding concerns while improving walking, bicycling and driving on Clement Avenue between Grand Street and Broadway.
When: Workshop: Monday, June 3, 6:30 pm; Survey: Tuesday, May 29 to Sunday, June 16
Where: City Hall, City Council Chambers, 2263 Santa Clara Avenue or go to this survey
The following safety improvements are recommended for Clement Avenue’s section of the Cross Alameda Trail, to be completed in 2020 as part of a competitive federal grant for $5 million:
- Remove the railroad tracks and ties that are buried in the middle of the street;
- Provide a two-way bikeway on the estuary side of the street that would be separated from motorists by on-street parking or other barriers (Exhibit 2 below);
- Extend red painted curbs at intersections and driveways to improve visibility;
- Install stop signs on Clement Avenue at Schiller Street and Stanford Street;
- Install high-visibility crosswalks and curb bulb-outs;
- Improve sidewalks;
- Plant street trees; and
- Provide accessible parking spaces, truck access and loading zones.
More info here