***This ride has been cancelled, and will not be led on Monday morning as planned. We apologize for any inconvenience but if you have any questions please contact us using the info below.***
Where: Meet at the MacArthur BART plaza
When: Ride out promptly at 7am on Monday, May 8, 2023
Route: 8 miles from MacArthur BART to Treasure Island (route link here)
After many years of waiting, the weekday re-connection between the Bay Bridge East Span pathway and Yerba Buena/Treasure Island is open again! This enables the opportunity for a full transbay commute combining the bridge pathway from the East Bay to the island, and then taking either the short-hop ferry service or the Muni Line 25 bus the rest of the way to San Francisco.
Come join Bike East Bay Advocacy Director Robert for the very first weekday Bay Bridge path + ferry/bus commute ever, and help raise awareness for the need to complete the bridge pathway (now called the "Bay Skyway", info here) the rest of the way to San Francisco.
Ferry connection info:
- $5 fare (no Clipper), pay in advance online or on-board the vessel
- Ferries scheduled to leave Treasure Island for SF at 7:30am, 8:10am, and 8:45am. We hope to make the 8:10 ferry but if all else fails we will make the 8:45 departure.
- Each ferry officially carries up to 6 bikes, but they are known to take up to 10 - Ebikes and cargo bikes are allowed.
- Complete details on the ferry connection are here
Bus connection info:
- $2.50 fare with Clipper, or $3 cash fare
- Muni Line 25 bus picks up passengers from Treasure Island weekday mornings every 15 minutes
- Either 2 or 3 bike rack spots are available on the front of every bus (info on how to load your bike here)
- No bicycles are allowed inside buses, except for folding bikes
- Complete details on the Muni Line 25 bus connection are here
***Please note: The connection to Treasure Island along Macalla Road has protected bikeway access in the uphill direction, but currently only shared bike/car lanes downhill. This segment is short but very steep, so it is NOT recommended to anyone who is not comfortable and experienced with fast downhill biking and uphill climbing. A free weekend bike shuttle will be provided up and down the hill in the near future, but is not currently available.***
Learn more about Bike East Bay's campaign to complete the Bay Bridge pathway to San Francisco here.
Oakland, CA 94609