Thursday, May 12, 2011, 5:30-8:30pm
Old Oakland, Washington & 9th
Join the East Bay Bicycle Coalition, Walk Oakland Bike Oakland and hundreds of cyclists in wrapping up the excitement of Bike to Work Day with our biggest, most extravagant ever Bike Away from Work Party and celebration. The Bay Area’s biggest Bike to Work Day party culminates weeks of great bike events and preparations for the largest bike event in the Bay Area.
This year’s gala event features:
- The Muddy Roses Band
- the Big Tadoo Puppet Crew’s bike safety puppet show returns
- the fabulous Derailleurs fire show
- Cyclecide Heavy Pedal Bike Rides
- Bike Commuter of the Year and Bike-Friendly Business Awards
- music, raffle prizes, drinks from Trumer Pils Brewery in Berkeley and Clif Winery as well as Hansen’s sodas
- Food vendors include: Tina Tamale of La Borinqueña with nachos, agua frescas and tamales, El Tacobike with tacos and tortas, Ratto’s with gourmet sandwiches, salads, soups and drinks, Popcycle with Popsicles!
- all sponsored by the Downtown Oakland Association.
cyclist_sheds_possessions_transp2_300.jpg cyclecide.jpg awayPartyFlyer_pg1.jpg muddyroses.jpg bigtadoo_logotype.jpg derailleurs.jpg BikeAway2011_side1.jpg downtown_oakland_ver_6_(2).jpg tinaTamale.jpg