The goal of the Moraga Walk | Bike Plan is to make walking and biking in Moraga safer and easier. As the next step in the development of the plan, the Town is asking residents for their thoughts and opinions on walking and biking in Moraga. Specifically, we want to hear from members of the community about the needs and concerns of pedestrians and cyclists; the obstacles and challenges to walking and biking; and your ideas and suggestions for improving conditions. Your input will be used to recommend high-priority projects throughout the town.
Below are all the ways in which you can provide input:
- Community survey: Click on the link to fill out our brief survey about walking and biking in Moraga. Everyone who responds will be eligible to win one of three $50 git cards for Amazon.com. The survey will be open through the end of September 2015.
- Comments map: Click on the link for a map where you can pin your comments and suggestions. The map will be open through the end of September 2015.
- Public workshop: September 29, 2015; 7:00 – 8:30 pm; Hacienda de las Flores, La Sala building (2100 Donald Drive). The workshop will begin with a brief presentation on the plan, followed by group discussions on a variety of topics related to walking and biking in Moraga.
- Group bike ride: Saturday, October 3, 2015; Meet at 10:00 am (discussion) or at 10:30 am (bike ride); Moraga Public Library, Community Room (1500 St. Mary’s Road; Moraga). Moraga needs a network of designated bikeways. Meet at 10 am over breakfast refreshments to help plan the network, or at 10:30 am to ride the proposed routes and brainstorm improvements (Be prepared to climb a hill or two and to ride on streets with traffic).
- Town Council hearing: Wednesday, October 14, 2015; 7 pm, Joaquin Moraga Intermediate School Auditorium (1010 Camino Pablo; Moraga). At this meeting, residents will have a chance to address the Town Council directly on issues concerning walking and biking in Moraga.
- Email or phone: If you wish to provide comments directly to Town staff, contact Coleman Frick, Assistant Planner, at email@example.com or at (925) 888-7039. You may also contact Coleman with any questions about the Walk | Bike Plan or to be added to the plan’s email list for occasional updates and announcements.