Bill Number and Name: AB 652: Vehicle Length Limitation
Author: Assembly Member Nancy Skinner (Berkeley)
Web link to bill language.
Summary: AB 652 Vehicle Length Limitation amends existing law (Section 35400 of the Vehicle Code) to increase by 4 inches the distance a bike rack can be extended from the front of a bus. The increase in length will allow transit operators to install bike racks that can accommodate three bicycle at one time.
Background: You can send a support letter to Assembly member Skinner that is based on the <a href=”/files/blog_files/node_151_user_9_EBBC_AB652.pdf”
” target=”_blank”>EBBC letter of support. If you live outside of Assembly District 14, please encourage your legislator to support AB 652. Who’s my representative?
- AC Transit is the sponsor of this bill
- March 26 - EBBC spoke to the Alameda County Transportation Improvement Authority and received bill support from ACTIA & ACTA
- ASM TRANSPORTATION HEARING DATE: 04/20/2009
- Signed by the Governor: 10/11/2009
- Press conference at AC Transit headquarters with bus equipped with triple rack: 02/26/2010
- Check out the SF Gate Blog from the press conference.